Sautéed lamb ("tsigariastó") with potatoes
Traditional Greek Recipe
For 4 people
For the sautéed lamb:
1 kg lamb cut in medium pieces
1 cup 200ml extra virgin olive oil
1 glass of wine Douloufakis Enotria Rose
For the fried potatoes:
1 kg potatoes
A big frying pan with a lid
How to cook sautéed lamb
1. Wash and drain the lamb.
2. Place the olive oil in a pan and wait for a few minutes until it gets hot.
3. Cook the meat on medium heat to get enough color.
4. Chop and add the onion.
5. Pour in a glass of red wine Douloufakis Enotria Rose.
6. Add the salt and pepper.
7. Cover the pan with the lid and lower the fire to the minimum.
8. Stir from time to time and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
9. Wash and cut into large pieces the potatoes with their peel. Then, fry them and salt them.
10. Serve with rosé dry wine, Douloufakis Enotria Rose from the varieties Kotsifali and Syrah.
"Kalí oréxi" and cheers from Crete!
Sautéed lamb is even better and remains juicy if you choose shoulder blade of the lamb.
Step by step photos for the recipe sautéed lamb with potatoes